Monday, 14 December 2009

How to make a magazine cover

Some people asked me How long does it take to draw or how do I draw.
I'll show you this time!

I've asked to draw a magazine cover, a fine french comic magazine Dutututto by Misma.
http://misma.free.fr/

I've got a image in my head already.-Easy start!
It will be a city view with word "Dututto 16"


16:00 Do some sketches in my note pad.


17:12 rough drawing on to a paper(Artistico Fabriano or Saunders Waterford)
It's very important to make a vanishing point this stage.


17:30 I slightly change my mind for "O". it could be a big wheel!
I do quite detailed pencil sketch at this stage.



19:00 I've done half inking


21:30 I've done inking whole image and had a dinner.



22:00 Scan in 600dpi and clean up.


22:30 decide the colours in Photoshop.
Hmm.. which one shall i go.




You'll see the final version of the dupututto 16 cover at Angouleme festival or some book shops in France next year!
Merci!

1 comment: